Translate this blog into another language

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mud Between Your Toes


My sweetest Zion,
     I know you would've been mischievous and rowdy like any little boy should be. I wish I could have seen that and snickered a time or two. I think of how you would've been like your daddy, always getting into something. I love imagining you playing in the mud and digging up disgusting insects as little trophies. Watching you play in the rain would've been nice to see. To me, that's one of the most carefree thoughts that come to mind. You don't care if you get soaked, you get cold, or if you even get a little mud between your toes. I can see your cute little flat feet come running now and you covered with mud from head to toe. Yeah... that's what little boys do. Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, right?  I would love to have gotten any small dead snake or even a little rock that you found that was surely pirates' gold. Oh baby boy........daydreaming will just have to pacify me for now. While I wait to hold you again I will watch you grow in my heart as I see others' little boys run and play into the years. I love you all the way to heaven!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment