Translate this blog into another language

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Trusting In The God Of The Present: Part 3


My God of the present was right there where He said He would be all along. The scripture says that He is a present help in our time of trouble. The problem was that because I didn't know about the future or what it held that I couldn't fully trust and peacefully rest in the present. Mary & Martha had that same problem. All they knew was that their brother was dead at the present time. They were broken and felt despair that they would never see their brother alive again.

I will have to say that on a positive note,  when Mary & Martha. made their petition to Jesus they were straight forward. They said "Lord whom thou lovest is sick." They didn't ramble on about what the problem was and how He needed to fix it. We do that a lot of times. We will say God , here is our request and here's how You need to fix it. Jesus did fix their problem by raising their brother Lazarus from the grave, however , He did it in His timing and by His own will.

What did Jesus think about their anxiety and fear? " Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled. " (John 11:32-33) It said that He groaned in the spirit and was troubled. In the Greek "groaned" has a negative connotation here. It means to be upset and to rebuke. He groaned again later in the chapter. This is speaking of the Jews:" And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?  Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it" (John 11:37-38) So, no doubt here Jesus was not pleased with their anxieties, fears, or doubt.

Is that meaning that it is wrong to grieve or mourn? No, in Ecclesiastes it says that there is a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. Nevertheless, when it blinds you from the truth of who God is and causes anxieties and fears, then yes, it is wrong. Like I said, I have struggled, and at times, still struggle with this in my daily walk. There were times I would fear over the silly things and almost drive myself crazy. My view of God was definitely clouded and I couldn't see through the fog to see the truth. When our view of God is skewed, like Mary's & Martha's was, then we make our anxieties worse.

I dealt with this a little this morning. I had a horrible dream last night , like I often do, that I lost my baby. When I woke up this morning that horrible thought was already on my mind and satan ran with it. And of course my baby had to be snuggly warm inside and fast asleep. They weren't  willing to budge an inch. I started to dwell on the reality that the worst "could" happen again. I felt defeated and powerless for a few moments. My humanistic mind just about took control and it was heeding to satan's snares. Then the Lord stepped in and proved His control over the whole situation. Satan's power was abolished and my fears were relinquished! My baby instantly came to life!! I literally jumped from my seat and started praising the Lord! He did it again!! He proved Himself once again! He IS my God of the PRESENT!! I want to praise the Lord for loving me even when I am doubtful and I fear! I pray that I may grow more in grace and knowledge of Him so that I may better trust in Him as my God of the Present!!








No comments:

Post a Comment