Translate this blog into another language

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Walk With God

The morning of March 27th was a cool crisp Sunday. It had been another sleepless night for me after all the excitement of knowing soon, I would finally get to meet my baby. That day we mostly sat around and enjoyed our last little moments of "just the 3 of us" time. A lot of my day was consumed by daydreaming. Was it a  boy or girl?  Were their eyes green like mine and daddy's or the darkest brown like their sister's? Would they have all  the dark hair that I had prayed for? How long would my labor last? What was their name? We all guessed that day how much the baby  would weigh and how long they would be. The anticipation was killing us all!

I checked in with the midwife that morning and afternoon and nothing much was different. The contractions were off and on and I actually felt pretty good! We decided to go for a walk that afternoon through the woods behind our house. After all, in the 10 yrs of us living here I had never seen those woods. Jeremy was really familiar with that part of  the land because it was pretty much his "man cave". He showed me the place that he would pray most of time, and I must admit it looked like a great place to be alone with God. We walked through the marshy parts along the creek and saw tons of  tracks from deer and who knows what other kind of wild life. This seemed so odd to me knowing that we live in the city! That day I was just in awe of God's creation. I couldn't believe that all this beauty was literally, right in my back yard. I was so peaceful, and I can remember my little baby squirming inside and I talked to them. "You're here with us too, aren't you?" I whispered to them. I felt like my family was complete and I was so happy!

Here are a few pics we snapped that day to remember this time in our lives.




      
Our happy little family, March 27th 2011





 By the end of the day my heart was filled with God's goodness and I was so excited to give birth. I really felt like I had no fear, and boy, do I miss that feeling a lot of days. I was just so happy to be alive and  to know that I was a mother and wife that had been blessed. I had many intimate times with God that day and night that I could never forget. Those thoughts and memories have helped carry me through these last couple of years, and for that I'm very grateful. I know now that God was preparing me for something much bigger and harder than I had ever imagined and that I would need His strength to make it through the days ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment