Translate this blog into another language

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Capture Your Grief : A Healing Photography Challenge-Part 1

 Day 1: Sunrise
 
This was a beach trip that my family and I took this summer just to let the children watch the sun rise on the ocean for the first time. I couldn't help but think of four tiny hands and four tiny feet that were not walking down those dusty dunes that morning to celebrate with us. I know their view of the Son is much more beautiful than anything my eyes will ever behold this side of heaven.

                                                                                                                                                                   
Day 2: Identity

Our little Zion Jeremiah Sams was born sleeping on March 29th 2011 at High Point Regional Hospital. He weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 2o in. long. We chose Zion because we love Hebrew names and his name meant way marker or sign. He has shown me that no matter how bleak it may seem, whatever God has written in your story is made beautiful in His eyes. He had a head full of black hair and full red lips and was such a masculine boy. He has made my life beautiful !



My little Selah Sams was born Nov. 17th, 2011 at High Point Regional Hospital. They didn't weigh her but we guessed that she weighed around 1 lb and was about 10 in long. I looked at her and I knew that I was blessed. She was fearfully and wonderfully made. This pic reminds me of her daily because her tiny hands captured my attention. They were so delicate and so intricately sculpted. Her lips were full and her eyes were almond shaped just like her sissy's. I touched her round face and knew that I had touched beauty. She had the same flat feet that I had passed on to her brother and sister. We named her Selah because it means to pause and praise and that's we did the moment we held her! We didn't want to give her a middle name because Selah says it all. She's my baby girl that's made my life beautiful!

Tiny hands that will hold our hearts forever.

                                                                                                                                                                   

Day3 : Myths About Grief  
 


I mentioned several myths about grief but I would have to say that "You'll get over it." is the one that sticks out the most. I actually had a preacher one time tell me to " Just get over it! " after my losses. I still haven't gotten over that heartless statement and I surely haven't gotten over the loss of my children. I know that the pain does differ at times and seems to change like the seasons. However,it's not just a "bump in the the road", also another heartless statement that this same man made to me. They are my children and there is a connection between us that not even death can sever! I understand that people do only believe these myths and can't fully understand grief if they have never been through such a loss, so I try to have mercy on them. I do my best to educate and encourage others to be realistic about death and grief. I pray that God would help me to reach out to the brokenhearted and show them Christ.


                                                                                                                                                                   

  Day 4: Legacy Your Children Left Behind


No comments:

Post a Comment